To create your free account, simply:
- Visit the Google Analytics site and click the "sign up now" button. (You'll need to sign up for a Google account first, if you haven't got one.)
- Enter a current e-mail address, create a pass word, approve the Google terms of service and continue.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you provided. Confirm your e-mail and you will be taken directly to your new Google account.
Now it's time to sign up for the Analytics service:
- First, click on the Analytics button on your main Google Accounts site to take you to the Google Analytics sign up
- Then, hit the "sign up" button and travel to the new account signup section where you will be asked for your URL (the address of your blog), your account name and the country and time zone where you reside.
- Fill in additional identification information for your new Analytics account, approve the Analytics terms of service agreement, and paste the Analytics tracking code into your blog or Web site (You'll want to use the code on every page of your Web site and for blogs consult the instructions for your blog platform about the best place for the code.)
For more on what the Analytics tool can do for you, watch this video from Google:
Category: Google Analytics