Here are a few thoughts:
- For timeliness with world events…You'll notice we didn't run this post on Jan. 9 and with good reason. A glance at YouTube or any other site featuring searchable content and arranging that content for what's popular will tell you one of the hottest topics on the web today.
- For originality and style…Yes, this is another post about blogging and it's importance, but isn't it nice to create posts that are interesting reading as well?
- For search appeal on the World Wide Web…See point one. What are folks searching for today?
- For best post in a series…Obviously, blogs that stick to their topic are better received by regular readers and considered more valuable to those who follow a blog regularly and those who are visiting for the first time.
- For personality and appeal…Well written blogs that show the personality of the poster and of the community they represent are always better than cold factoids that give no insight into the personality of a blogger or his/her subject.